Star Worz

Google

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

WORZALA'S WEDNESDAY WORD 8-29-07

Today's Wednesday Word is "trio" as in "Here a trio of quick thoughts."

1) Yes, I get it, Miss Teen USA South Carolina sounds dumb, what with the "the Iraq" and "U.S. Americans" and such. Ha-ha-ha, good, I'm glad you're getting your daily dose of schadenfreude. But all that laughing at a teen's stumbling answer obscures the real point. That 1/5 of Americans can't find America on a map. That's 60 million people who can't find their own home on a map. That's 60 million people who can't pick their own continent out 7. And I'd like to point out that one of those 7 continents is a giant hunk of ice at the very bottom of the map and another is a giant island.


2) Speaking of Americans, today is the two year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Katrina was the reason I started donating blood again. Hey! Got an hour? Why don't you go donate some blood. The
Red Cross could always use more of it. Can't give blood? Most grocery stores have pre-packaged food parcels that you can buy from them that they will then donate to food kitchens. Don't go grocery shopping? How about throwing Fisher House a Finski there, Abe Froman? But Matt, what good is $5 going to do? Well, if every American that can't identify Florida or Mexico on a map donated $5, that's $3 million right there. Basically, what I'm saying, is do Something next month, anything, to help someone else.

3) My fiancee watched the
rated R trailer (NSFW) for Shoot 'em Up. She then asked me what the plot was supposed to be. I tried to explain that people shooting each other while falling out of a plane IS a plot, but I don't think she bought it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home