Star Worz

Google

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A-MUSING

I was driving home on Sunday when I was passed by a truck and I saw something really interesting. On the back of the truck were two stickers. One was a silver image of Jesus. The other, at least twice as large, was the Nike swoosh.

I almost wound up in their truck bed trying to get close enough to confirm this, but I am willing to swear on a stack of Bibles AND a stack of Air Jordans that those were the two images on the back window. Which leads me to wonder some things.

For starters, which order were the stickers put on? It seems highly unlikely they were bought on the same day, so one of them, much like the chicken, must have come first. But which? And what was the conversation like?

Was it:
"You know what would really go well with this Nike swoosh? The image of The Christ."
or
"I've always believed the 11th Commandment should be 'Just Do It'. What? I'm keeping Jesus ABOVE it."

Or, is this an intentional thing? Has some sort of cross-eyed reading of the Bible lead the driver to believe that Jesus' sneaker of choice is manufactured by Nike? Is endorsing any other shoe the same as aligning yourself against God? "And the Beast did rise out of the pit, and it did have 7 horns and 11 heads and its feet bore Chuck Taylor All Stars. And Canvas was the material of the Beast"?

I guess I should consider myself lucky. If the driver had spotted my New Balances through the window he might have run me off the road.

Me? I'm more religiously tolerant. My future wife wears Reeboks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home