Star Worz

Google

Thursday, August 16, 2007

FORE!

"There's my ball," I said.

"Matt," said Sarah, as I pulled the cart to a stop three feet from the ball. "You're too close to the ball. You're going to hit the cart."

"Sarah," I replied, trying not to roll my eyes. "Look at where I am, look at where the cart is. We're parallel, how am I going to hit the cart? I'm not THAT bad."

Pulling back my 5 iron I took a mighty SWING!

THUNK! went the club against the ball and the dirt.

KLANG!!! went the ball as it shot perpendicularly off of my club and into the hubcap of the golf cart.

WIIIIISH! went the ball as it rebounded off, sailing up and over my head.

THUD! went the hubcap as it fell off of the cart from the impact.

"Uh," went Sarah.

"Uh," I said.

"DRIVE!!!" yelled Sarah.

Thwacking my ball another 15 yards down the field, I quickly shoved the hubcap back onto the cart and we drove off hoping no one had seen us.

...
And that's why I only go golfing once a year.

1 Comments:

  • I had a similar epiphany that lead me to give up golf: Hitting the ground so hard with my 3-wood that my entire forearm turned blue and green for a week (subdural epidema or something) due to a broken blood vessel. And, I got fired from my job the same day! Some things are just not to be. One good thing came of it: we moved out of Fresno.

    By Blogger James, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home