Star Worz

Google

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

WORZALA'S WEDNESDAY WORD 9-5-07

Today's Wednesday Word is "come" as in "I don't think anyone's going to come."

"Pennsylvania Rose" opens on Friday. So it's that time of the year when I assure myself that no one will come see the play that I wrote, and that a bunch of fine actors spent a month working on memorizing their lines, making costumes, building props for a show that no one is going to see. And it will just keep running for 12 shows... with no one coming to see them.

That's what we like to call "bone crushing".

On top of that, I have a cough that pops up every night that I THINK might be lung cancer. Or at least TB. And I finally need to get new glasses. I've been on my back-ups for over a month now since my old ones snapped, literally, in half, and I think my eyes are starting to reject them finally. Maybe that's why I have the cough.

Either that or it's from some sort of airborne thing that's in our house because one of our two cats absolutely refuses to go in it's litter box. I know you spent 6 months in the woods little guy, but still, throw us a bone, okay?

I've got three things for this blog in the hopper. One is a rebuttal to a
post I saw on Jen's Quarter-Life Crisis blog, one is the "journal" my character kept when I played "The Game of REAL Life" at a friend's place on Tuesday, and I'm in "phone training" tomorrow, so I should be able to mine some comedy gold out of that as well. Oh, and the play that no one is going to go see opens on Friday. I could probably write about that too.

In closing, come see my play. If you're not in my neck of the woods, tell your friends that are to go see it. It's a Western! With guns and outlaws and nooses and everything! There's even a safe! And shoot outs! And a bear!

p.s. If you're in the Chicago-land area any Friday, Saturday or Sunday from now to October 7th, check out the Chopin Theatre and the production of
Get Down(sized!). That was written by our theatre owner. He's "The New Guy". Trust me, you'll like it.

1 Comments:

  • Pennsylvania rose was a blast. I am so stoked about your play... I loved it!

    By Blogger elleuqinat, at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home