Star Worz

Google

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

WORZALA'S WEDNESDAY WORD 9-19-07

Today's Wednesday Word is roof, as in "I'm afraid my sodium is going to be through the roof."

I have to go see a doctor. That's not really up for debate anymore. Last time I saw one was... okay, I think it was three summers ago when I was the adult chaperon for a hike through the Northern Cascade Mountains. But, seriously, it's not like cancer, or adult diabetes, or blood pressure problems, or iron deficiencies or anything like that run through my family. ... okay, they run through my family, but still.

I've got this cough. It's like, a raspy cough, and it gets worse at night. Then it moves from occasional raspy cough to a barrage of throat scratching lung heaves. It's probably The Consumption. Or Black Lung. If only my people knew more than mining, but it is our way.

So I should go see the doc, to get that taken care of and to get an assessment on how the old frame is holding up as I creep ever closer to 30. I think I'm in decent shape. According to the old Internet I've got a BMI of 24, which is decent, and this time last year I was running 6.2 miles in under an hour.

But man, that sodium. You know how delicious those meals in a bag dinners are? If you don't, don't pretend, cause they're brilliant! But they're also all but soaked in sodium in order to not spoil in the freezer. So it's like, here's a bunch of delicious soaked in sodium in order not to spoil in the freezer! ... that was a terrible metaphor. I blame the cough.

I even have health insurance, so there's no excuse not to go. Though the last time I went my health insurance saved me about $11. Glad I'm paying $1,200 a year for you, $11 safety net. Dental insurance all but allows me to go to the dentist for free, and that includes x-rays. I didn't even need an x-ray at the doctors. Thanks for raising my expectations so high Dental insurance.

But I have to go to the doctor. Or else I'm going to die of this cough. And if that doesn't get me either my mom (who is a nurse) or my fiancee (who is my fiancee) will kill me for not going. Especially since I may have kinda sorta slightly been promising to go for the last 5 months now. You know, when the cough started.

So the doc's going to tell me I've got the heart of a 50 year old, and no more sodium and that they've noticed a suspicious growth and I should really start wearing boxers more often etc etc habeas corpus, blah blah ipso facto blah, that'll be $200 and your entire lunch hour is gone. ... Gee, thanks Doc. What about this cough? "Oh, the cough? Yeah, that's just gotta run its course. Oh, and that'll be another $100 for the extra assessment."

Now I understand why Kramer just went to the vet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home