Star Worz

Google

Friday, February 23, 2007

*RING* *RING*

Hello [name of company], how may I help you?
Who is this?
[Name of company]. How may I help you ma'am?
Oh, okay. I was calling for [completely unrelated company name].
Ohhhhhkay. Well this isn't [completely unrelated company name] this is [name of company].
So this isn't [company that isn't even in the same branch of mass media as us]?
No ma'am. We're [the fourth time time I've said our company name], we're a radio group. [Other group entirely] is a television station.
Radio??
Yes ma'am, we own [list of stations].
Ohhhhh, so this is the wrong number for [television, not radio, station].
Yes ma'am.
Oh, wait, that's okay. I didn't want to talk to them after all. I wanted to call you guys.
What can I do for you then?
Can I speak to someone with [same television station as before, but by call letters this time].
Ma'am. That's still a television station. We have nothing to do with them. We are a radio company. [Yet another repetition of company name].
Oh.
Yeah.
So I can't talk to someone from [separate company, in separate building, miles away from us]?
I could give you their number if you'd like.
No, that's okay.
....
Is there someone there I can talk to?
Regarding what ma'am?
We'd like to have someone come in and speak about the media for our class.
I can put you through to our program director ma'am.
Well I was hoping for someone who was on the air.
He is on the air ma'am. And any requests for visits need to go through him.
Okay, I guess that'll do.
Okay, his name is [name] I'll send you to his extension.
Thank you. And he'll be able to talk about working in television?
.... I'll transfer you now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home