Star Worz

Google

Thursday, March 27, 2008

I AM FAIRLY INTERESTED IN BLACK PEOPLE

This:



Is apparently a big deal.

Not because it is the first time that a black man has been featured on the cover of Vogue.

No, of course not, that's a stupid thing to celebrate. Diversity. Pffft.

No, it's a big deal because it is.... wait for it...

RACIST



Because you see, it's not ACTUALLY a picture of one of the most popular athletes in the world with one of the most famous super models, no, no, no. What are you? Slow?

And it's not, as I thought, another reminder that not only could LeBron destroy me in a game of pick-up if he spotted me the first 9 points, but he is also attractive to women. That is only what an idiot would think.

It's instead a reinforcement of "the criminalization of black men" according to, well, a gym teacher.


Never mind that LeBron himself was pleased with the picture. What does he, as a young black man, know about the portrayal of young black men in the media? He didn't even GO to college!

There are really only two people that should be upset about this cover. Tom Brady, because LeBron is getting handsy with his lady, and Bridget Moynahan, because Gisele is the woman Tom dumped her for. While pregnant. Gooo Patriots!!

Jason Whitlock has more to say on the topic. I don't always agree with him, but I think he's on target here. Even if I am, you know, a terrible racist.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be researching the cover of the first Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue to feature a black woman for subtle racial undertones.



I may be a while.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home