Star Worz

Google

Monday, July 10, 2006

GO SEE SUPERMAN NOW!!

I saw Superman Returns this weekend with my sister.

Wow.

That sums the movie up right there. Wow.

I'm a big fan of the Superman movies. Well, it probably goes without saying that I mean the first two, right? I remember seeing Superman III in the theaters and being scared out of my mind when Superman was shackled to to the wall and the computer was about to stab him in the neck and change him into a machine. (in my defense I a) was, at most, 5 years old and b) am a giant wimp.) But now as an adult, I know that that movie was not very good. Though I remember the Clark vs. Superman fight being really neat. Still, ten minutes of neat doesn't make up for 80 minutes of garbage. Otherwise 2 Fast 2 Furious would be an Academy Award winner.

Superman IV isn't even worth discussing beyond this one point. Nuclear Man, when left on the *ahem* DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, is re-energized when sunlight reaches him... on the DARK SIDE of the MOOOOOOON. Christopher Reeves only agreed to be in the movie in the first place because the studio agreed to finance another of his projects if he did. Point of Order. When your main character thinks the movie he's in is a crappy movie, odds are good your end result is going to be a crappy moive. End Point of Order.

Superman Returns blows the memory of both of those movies out of the water. I don't want to give away too much for those of you who haven't seen it yet, but it is really something to behold, if for no other reason than to see Superman fly. When Superman flies... I can't even put it into words. He soars, he zips, he floats effortlessly. He punches through the clouds, he punches through the atmosphere, he punches through the wing of a plane, he punches through the earth itself. Everytime he took off I tensed in my seat out of pure excitement.

The movie is funny, sad and exciting. In short, a great superhero movie. It is not better than Superman or Superman II but it is equal to those two films. I highly recommend you go see it, because then you will, as the first movie's tag line said, Believe a Man can Fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home