Star Worz

Google

Friday, June 16, 2006

A MUSING

Who came up with the word "palooza" to mean a large gathering or celebration? At the fair grounds next to my house they're having "Summer Palooza" this weekend and I'd like to know who is responsible for this word. Was it "Lalapalooza" who got the ball rolling? And if so, how did that conversation go?
President- Now all we need for our music festival is a name.

Marketing Guy- How about Music Fest?

President- Nah, not catchy enough. What do you sing when you sing?

Marketing Guy- I'm sorry?

President- You know, you go la-la-la-

Marketing Guy- La-la-la.... Lapalooza!

President- Excuse me?

Marketing Guy- Lalapalooza! That's the name!

President- Are you high?

Marketing Guy- Sir?

President- At this very moment. Are you tripping the Weed Fandango? Crusing the Hemp Highway? Rolling marijuana into a cigerette and then smoking it, inhaling the mind altering THC chemicals into your lungs and into your bloodstream?

Marketing Guy- I'm Mormon sir.

President- And I'm Methodist, but that doesn't stop me from sleeping around with high school cheerleaders.


Marketing Guy- Do you not like the name?

President- What the heck's a palooza? Sounds foreign.


Marketing Guy- I think I just made it up.

President- Hmmm... well, we'll take a chance on it then. But I tell you this, if by 2005 we're forced to downscale to a single city venue, I'm going to hold this name and you resonsible. Understood?

Marketing Guy- Understood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home