Star Worz

Google

Monday, June 05, 2006

A MUSING

I was in Ripon, Wisconsin Thursday night. Ripon is the home of Ripon Good Cookies as well as the birthplace of the Republican party. As I was leaving town I had to go over some train tracks. In front of the tracks was a Yield sign.

Now... I think I KNOW what they were trying to get at, since there were no gates that lowered in front of this intersection, but still, WHO is not going to yield to a train?

"I'm a motorist! Let me through!"

"I'M A TRAIN! CHUGGA CHUGGA!"

"Fair enough, after you then."

2 Comments:

  • They used to have "up-arrow" signs that said "NOS". Of course, everyone fired-up their nitro and got tail-swiped by a locomotive. "Yield" as since become much more universal.

    By Blogger TDP Jared, at 11:51 PM  

  • *giggle* I WOULD!!!!

    By Blogger elleuqinat, at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home