Star Worz

Google

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

WORZALA'S WEDNESDAY WORD 6-21-06

Today's Wednesday Word is cup. As in "If you're going to play World Cup Soccer, don't forget your cup."

I'm not a big soccer fan. I'm not really a soccer "fan" period. I respect their ability because I've played in soccer league games often enough to realize I'm pretty awful at it, but I think even soccer fans would have to say that at least 50% of every soccer game is pretty boring.

So as a casual soccer viewer I have to give credit to ABC for doing their best to spice the game up for us Americans. I watched part of USA/Italy on Saturday and then Brazil/Australia on Sunday and ABC does an excellent job of during dead ball time showing exciting highlights from the game. Sometime the highlights are several minutes old, but A for effort for taking what action they can find, slowing it down, and giving it back to us to keep us entertained.

In a way, it's funny, because this is the same nation that will pay to spend 4 hours sitting in the stands watching cars zip around a track, but soccer? Too boring.

MAYBE... if we could rig the shin pads so that after a certain number of collisions they'd explode.... maybe that would get people excited.

Or maybe Brandi Chastain just needs to play for EVERY team.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home