Star Worz

Google

Friday, May 16, 2008

PUMP- PUMP IT UP!

I'll be on the ComedyCity stage this weekend for parts of the 28 Hour Comedy Marathon. We're raising money to benefit two local cancer charities, the Angel Fund and Families of Children With Cancer, Inc. The improv magic starts at 7:30 on Friday and other than the break between the Friday 7:30 and the Friday 9:30 show, people will be on stage performing from 7:30 p.m. Friday until about 11:00 p.m. on Saturday.

That's a lot of improv.

I mean A LOT of improv.

The hardest hours, in my opinion, are from about 3 a.m. until 8 a.m. Yes, we'll be performing at that time. It's 28 hours. You're tired. The audience (those that are still awake) are tired. You've played most of your games at least once all ready. You're starting to get a little loopy. Your face is starting to get that "I've been up too long" greasy film on it. And you know the next set of replacements aren't coming for another two hours. They might even be late because they're sleeping in. Oh sleep. You remember what that felt like once, lifetimes ago.

So you gotta stay pumped during that time frame. Pumped, like Bonnie Richardson gets pumped.

What's that? You don't know who Bonnie Richardson is? She's not really any body. You know, just this girl. She goes to Rochelle High School in Texas. Whatever. She runs some track and field. No biggie. Oh, wait, you probably didn't hear about it, she, well, you know when they have those big state track meets? And a team wins all these events and they become the state team champion? Okay, it's like that, except she did it all by herself.

Bonnie Richardson, the only athlete FROM Rochelle to qualify for the state competition, accumulated 42 team points at the Texas 1A state track meet, to edge out the next closest team of athletes and win the Texas 1A State Meet Team Title. According to University Interscholastic League officials it is the first time they can remember a single athlete winning a girls' team title.

Can you imagine that as a conversation starter?
"Hey, thanks for coming over."
"Thanks for inviting me."
"I'll just hang your coat over here... oh clumsy me."
"Here, let me get that. Oh cool, you ran track and field?"
"Is THAT what that's for? I forget some times. Yeah, it's for winning first place in the State Track Meet back in high school."
"That's cool. So-"
"By myself."
"-are we going to ... watch a movie."

So get pumped Star Worz-iors! And when I need to get pumped, this song always does it for me:


... I wish I was kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home