Star Worz

Google

Thursday, May 10, 2007

WORZALA'S WEDNESDAY WORD 5-9-07

Sorry for the delay, Jacob told me to wait on the post. Today's word is "Harmon" as in "Dan Harmon of Acceptable.tv had an interview with the AV Club this week and so is probably Googling his name and I just wanted to pop up on Dan Harmon's search for Dan Harmon."

For those of you who haven't checked it out yet,
Acceptable.tv is a program created by Harmon, Jack Black (yes, that Jack Black), and Rob Schrab. It's a half hour program that each week features 5 short "television pilots". The audience then gets the weekend to vote for their two favorite shorts either on the website or via text messaging (side note: is there anything you can't accomplish by text messaging these days? Fifteen years from now the priest is going to be saying "If anyone objects to this union, text 'no' to 45990"). The top two shows stick around for another episode, the other three are replaced by three completely new pilots.

Do yourself a favor and check it out because the pilots are, more often than not, very funny. The only real shame of the program at the moment is that the "Mr. Sprinkles" juggernaut allows for only one other program to be voted back each week. "Law and Order", "High Fiver", "Gayliens" and "Shady Acres" are just some of the pilots that have unfortunately been sacrificed before "Mr. Sprinkles" animated altar. I've heard mutterings on other discussion boards that perhaps next year they'd allow 3 pilots to come back each week and while I recognize I have no say in the decision, if Dan Harmon is reading this post that's only sort of about Dan Harmon, I'd like to say that that sounds like a good idea.

I don't know if Dan Harmon really does Google himself, but if he does, then I'd just like to say Hi. I've been reading your myspace blog now for probably a year. I like it a lot, though I wish you had free time to update it more. Dan Harmon is a very good writer, which is not surprising since he's paid to do it. Did you know that Dan Harmon and Rob Schrab co-wrote Monster House? Cause they did. Though if you read Dan's blog, as I have, you'll realize that he doesn't take a lot of credit for it. Apparently a lot of what you see on the screen was actually written by a third party that came along much later. Putting walls up on the frame that they gave her, if you will. So Dan doesn't like to take a lot of the credit, at least from his blog, but he'll take a lot of the criticism. That's the kind of guy he is. I'd like to tell him to buck up, but I think he's happy the way he is. And he seems to get irked when people he doesn't know tell him to "buck up".

After you lurk on someone's blog for long enough, especially if you don't know the person, it becomes harder and harder to reply to what they've written.
Jen can attest to that. So Dan will probably never know that I've been following his life's adventures for some time now. Unless he reads this blog. You know, when Dan Harmon Googles Dan Harmon to see if Dan Harmon's interview about Acceptable.tv has popped up anywhere else.

So, hi Dan. And hello to anyone that's been coming here and lurking. You never have to say hello if you don't want to, that's fine by me. Just know that you're welcome to hang around as long as you like. Bring your friends if you'd like. Tell them to visit
VentureScripts.

What? Like I wasn't going to plug that?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I JUST now googled my name and saw this! Ha!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home