Star Worz

Google

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

WORZALA'S WEDNESDAY WORD 7-26-06

Today's word is "memoir" as in "Say 'au revoir' to reading my memoir."

In a move that came as no surprise to me, I failed to qualify for the final cut of The Memoirists "get your memoirs published" contest. I thought my story was both interesting and funny, but I was pretty sure it wouldn't be unique enough to win. I think one of the qualifiers was raised by goldfish until she was 14 and another one was forced to cross the U.S. one summer in a wheelbarrow. And then there was one who just put out to all the judges.

It's not a big deal, at this age I don't really feel I have a book's worth of "memoir worthy" stories to tell. I'm just glad I took a chance on the opportunity and, if nothing else, I've learned how to spell memoir without looking it up.

In other writing news, because I'm sure you're all curious, I've finished the rough drafts of my entire play. You know, the one that opens in... 6 weeks. Cor. It it just six weeks? Did it suddenly get hard to breath in here?

*gasp* Anyway, that's coming along really well and who knows? I just might turn a profit. And if I do, then I look forward to picking up goldfish girl's book, "Living In A Fisheye Lens" at my nearest Borders. If people keep clicking on my ad, maybe I'll have enough to pick up a second copy. That would be nice. My coffee table's been leaning lately.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home