Star Worz

Google

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

WORZALA'S WEDNESDAY WORD 8-2-06

Today's Wednesday's Word is "dart", as in "Funny, that doesn't sound like a dart."

It was finals and the hall was on, to be totally honest, 22 hour lockdown. No extra noise in the halls, the lights were all down, doors were closed, the building was kept tomb silent so people could best study for their finals. Occasionally the silence would be broken by a slammed door or a stream of explitives but otherwise, silence was pretty much the norm. I was laying in bed, taking a much deserved nap when I first heard it.

"THUNK!"

Huh, I thought. That sounds kinda loud.

"THUNK!"

Boy, they must really be throwing those darts hard.

"THUNK!"

Okay, two more minutes and I'll go tell them to quiet d-

"CLANG!"

Clang? Clang?? Darts don't go Clang? What goes Clang? A fork goes Clang. Are they throwing forks? Are They Throwing Forks?!? WHO THROWS FORKS??

Rolling out of bed I hurried towards the mysterious noise when I heard the second "Clang!" I had to wait for one more throw to narrow down the room, then I knocked on the door.

"Hey, it's Matt. Can I come in?"

"Okay."

It's a good thing I knocked, because I enter the room to see that the two guys are holding, wait for it, Ninja Throwing Stars. I turn around to close the door and I see they have been throwing them INTO THE DOOR. The door does not belong to them. The door belongs to University Housing. University Housing can be rather sensitive about what is done to their property.

"Are you throwing Ninja Stars at the door??"

"Yeah. But we put up the cardboard."

They had a piece of carboard no thicker than a frozen pizza bottom attached to the door. Around it were marks where their throws had missed. Even when they DID hit the carboard, surprise! The wood was marked up there as well. Two square feet of the door looked like it had lost a fight with a bear.

"Crap guys, you really tore up your door."

"We'll fix it."

"How?"

"uhhh.... sand it?"

"Just put away the throwing stars for now. You're not even supposed to have them in the dorm."

"Sorry Matt. Can we have one more throw?"

"No!"

"Right. Sorry."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home