Star Worz

Google

Thursday, August 17, 2006

WORZALA'S WEDNESDAY WORD 8-16-06

Sorry about the delay again, we here at Star Worz Inc. are working on the problem and hope to have a customer service representative on the line with you real soon. Until then, please continue to hold and listen to these ads for all the great services Star Worz Inc. provides you, our valued customer.

Today's word is "deceive" as in "Do my ears deceive me? Is that seriously going to be playing on the radio?"

I know last week's Wednesday Word was about music as well, but that was about the overproduction and lack of creativity in some current popular music. This is the opposite end of the spectrum; a complete lack of production. I'm talking about the deadly acoustic cover. For those of you who don't speak Latin, acoustic comes from the words "acous" meaning "to play" and "tic" meaning "softly and without balls".

There are some very good acoustic songs out there, don't get me wrong. But that is not what I am currently be subjected to. I'm stuck at our front desk while one of the part-timers puts acoustic abominations into the computer system. This involves him having to play the entire song at a rather high volume. Did you know that 3rd Eye Blind does an acoustic version of "Jumper"? Because apparently they do. It is not that good, in the same way that taking a power sander to the eye is not that comfortable.

What is this? Are you- are you kidding me? The Outfield?!? Good reader, what ever your religion of choice, pray to your deity that you never have to hear "Your Love" done only on guitar. They won't even play this song to torture Al-Qaeda agents.

I can only assume this is retribution for something I've done to someone somewhere down the line. As karma has a tendency to store up, I have no idea what ...hold on... "Be My Girl??" cor. Anyway, this could be from anything. The time I said something mean to my friend when she was planning her wedding, or the time I threw a mostly empty soda in the garbage and it splashed a little on the guy standing next to it. All I know is that I Am Sorry for whatever I did. Just Please, Make This Stop.

"Pour Some Sugar On Me". A single guitar and apparently the drummer on a wooden chair. Never mind, I'm just going to bludgeon myself with this keyboard.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • the last line on that posting should have been:

    londfgpohapfnhqeurgver gvqwdovnkasjnvpuqirngpqinrgjndv

    OUT!

    By Blogger elleuqinat, at 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home